Saturday 26 May 2018

CiDevant - Metastasize (2018)


The debut album from this German band.

CiDevant is a quintet with a lineup of bass, drums, guitars and vocals.

I know nothing about this band. This album arrived in my inbox and I have been listening to it for the last week. The band is from Mannheim and that is all I know.

Their music is somewhere between grunge, heavy metal and heavy prog. I guess heavy prog is the best label for their music.

The vocals are pretty grungy and the guitars are pretty much riff based. There is not much synths here though as this album is guitars based.

This forty minutes long album is ticking over nicely and has something to offer for both metal and prog rock fans.

It is also a good album with a good soundscape and some guitarwalls. It is a down to the bones sound and soundscape too.

Check it out if heavy prog is your thing.

3 points

 


No comments:

Post a Comment