Saturday 23 December 2017

Premiata Forneria Marconi - Emotional Tattoos (2017)


The 20th album from this Italian band.

The band (PFM) was a duo on this album with a lineup of bass, drums and Italian vocals.
The band had help from a quintet of guest musicians who provided keyboards, guitars, drums, violins and extra vocals.

No original members of PFM is left in PFM and their most innovative, creative days is long left behind them. The band was left to play their songs with symphony orchestras and to be new prog rock fans real heroes. You can include myself among the new prog rock fans. And yes, they are among my alltime heroes. But that is not based on what they released after 1980.

This album has been released as both an Italian and an English vocals album. My version is a Double CD with both languages included. I am only reviewing the Italian version as I think this band is on their best in Italian.

..... Which does not say a lot, I am afraid.

The music is Italian pop music with some decent to good melodies. Some of the songs on this one hour long album is both cheap and nasty.
Then again, there is a couple of good songs here too. This is by no means a terrible album although I prefer their 1970s albums.

2.5 points

No comments:

Post a Comment