Sunday 6 August 2017

Talis - Cities (2008)


The one and only album from this German band.

Talis was a duo with six guest musicians. The lineup was guitars, bass, drums, synths and some cello and violins too. That and female and male English vocals.

The band has no homepage and is very largely forgotten. It has no presence on ProgArchives or any other places. I have had this album in my collection for many years. Probably since 2009 when I purchased a large collection of German prog and krautrock albums.

The album just showed up for a review now and I am reviewing it.

The music here is a mix of neo-prog and rock. The songs are reasonably long. The album is seventy-four minutes long.

Those seventy-four minutes includes a lot of dead wood songs. This album is long and tedious. It does not have that many interesting songs either.

The end result is a decent album which I am pretty sure will not be followed up by a second album from Talis. I can understand why.

2 points 




No comments:

Post a Comment