Wednesday 18 October 2017

Machines Dream - Black Science (2017)


The fourth album from this Canadian band.

Machines Dream is a quintet on this album with a lineup of acoustic guitars, electric guitars, bass, drums, keyboards and vocals.

I reviewed their 2013 debut album back in November 2014 and you can find my review here. I also reviewed the follow up album, the 2014 album Immunity back in December the same year. That review can be found here. It is fair to say that I really liked those two albums as I rated them very highly.
I have yet to get their 2016 album Record which is a live in studio album. I guess the "live in studio" part scared and still scares me off. 
 
Machines Dream is a classic neo-prog band. The sound is crisp, clean and contemporary. There is a lot of piano and half-acoustic guitars in their sound too. The vocals is also warm and good.

There is also a lot of vocal harmonies and other harmonies here. The music is mid-tempo with some pastoral melodies and arrangements too. The guitar solos are nice.

This almost one hour long album is indeed a cosy, warm album. It is also a good album bordering to a very good album. It is a bit lacking in the quality segments. It is not a sparkling album. It is more like warm beer. Not that I am no fan of warm beer. But this album is a bit predictable throughout.

Nevertheless, this is indeed a good album and it should cement this band's very good name and reputation.

3 points






No comments:

Post a Comment