Thursday 4 January 2018

Hedersleben - Orbit (2017)


The fourth album from this German band.

Hedersleben is a quintet with a lineup of bass, percussion, bass, drums, violin, keyboards and vocals. Both male and (mostly) female English vocals.

Hedersleben is named after the village where the band was founded and lived. Which is a novel way of naming a band. I don't think that village is as big as Boston, who gave name to an AOR band of the same name. Hedersleben, the band, is not as any other bands.

I reviewed their third album, the 2015 album The Fall Of Chronopolis and gave it a good rating. You can read my review here.

The Fall Of Chronopolis was a concept album. I am not sure if Orbit is another concept album. The music is pretty weird though. I noted that The Fall Of Chronopolis was a psychedelic symphonic prog album. I would say the same about Orbit. It is a true krautrock album too.

The music twists and turns during the thirty-five minutes. But where The Fall Of Chronopolis was a good album, Orbit is not quite reaching that level. So I am left a bit unsatisfied. Hence the rating.

2.5 points






No comments:

Post a Comment