Saturday 20 May 2017

Vesania - Vesania (1999)


The one and only album from this Brazilian band.

The band was a quartet with a lineup of keyboards, bass, drums and guitars.

I learnt about this band through ProgArchives (as always !) and found this album on Youtube. So I decided to give it a try as I really like symphonic prog.

I am very miffed that this band has been listed as symphonic prog. The music is nowhere near symphonic prog.

Take King Crimson and blend them with some instrumental tech/math metal. Watchtower, Cynic and Liquid Tension Experiement springs to mind. Add some hints of fusion and Anekdoten too and you get this album.

The music on this forty-six minutes long album is heavy, uber-technical, eclectic and very rhythm based. There is hardly any normal melody here.

I have my reservations about the genre they inhabits. And I am failing to find anything here which I would regard great or even good. The result is a decent album and an album for the nerds and math/tech metal fans out there.

2 points

No comments:

Post a Comment