Tuesday 23 January 2018

Korni Grupa - Korni Grupa (1972)


The debut album from this Yugoslavia band.

The band was a quintet with a lineup of guitars, bass, drums, vibes, harsichord, piano, organ, electric piano, tambourine, percussion, congas and vocals.

Yugoslavia is no longer a country after these disasterous Balkan wars I would rather forget than remember. This band was formed in Belgrade, Serbia and I guess the vocals is in Serbo-Croatian on this album. This album is strangely enough my first review of an album from this ex-country so I am not sure. I got three albums from this band to review.

The music here is pretty heavy rocking with some local folk music and local pop too. This is clearly an album with a great deal of ethno-rock and folk rock. There is also a lot of jazz here and some avant-garde rock. This album is a bit of a melting pot of most things.

The big piece of music here is the fifteen minutes long Put Na Istok. A not too bad suite who includes everything above.

There is also a couple of other long songs here.

The sound is not really that good and the music is chaotic with some good ideas. It is not an album I find that good. Hence my rating which tells you that this is a decent album. It is well worth checking out, though.

2 points 





No comments:

Post a Comment