Monday 26 March 2018

Electric Orange - Volume 10 (2014)


The 12th album from this German band.

Electric Orange was a quartet on this album with a lineup of percussion, drums, cymbal, bass, bass violin, hammond organ, farfisa, synths, harmonium, moog, mellotron, rhodes organ, fiddle, banjo, mandolin, guitars and some vocals.

This band is one of my guilty pleasures. I really like their take on krautrock.

Their take on krautrock has a lot of post rock influences. The band is sometimes building walls of sound and sometimes being very ambient and pastoral.

It is all about moods in their world. It is also very much the early Pink Floyd.

Volume 10 is their twelfth album and I wonder if the album title means turn the volume up to 10 when listening to this album. Well, I cannot do that in my office and my flat. But I get their drift.

Volume 10 is eighty minutes long and it takes a lot to get going. It is almost painfully ambient in the beginning. Then it starts to bloom towards the middle part and the end before it ends after these eighty minutes.

It has to be said that this album is not their finest moment. It is still a fairly good album and that is what I am giving this album. There are far better Electric Orange albums out there, though.

3 points

No comments:

Post a Comment