Friday 15 September 2017

Christadoro - Christadoro (2017)


The debut album from this Italian band.

Christadoro is the drummer Massimiliano Christadoro on drums and with help from the likes of Fabio Zuffanti on bass, Paolo Botta on keyboards, Pier Panzeri on guitars and Andrea Dal Santo on vocals. They have also got help from PFM and Biglietto Per L'Inferno members on piano, cello and vocals.

This constellation has given us a type of album which I am pretty sure will be repeated during the next years and decades.

Christadoro has namely re-recorded and given their own take on old Italian symphonic progressive rock songs. They are not necessary old classics, these eight songs. But they have been stripped down a bit and given a new and contemporary sound.

That means a much heavier sound and I am not sure if I agree or even feel comfortably with this type of re-recordings and cover versions. I have also been in severe doubts if I was even going to review this album.

That said, and you have now got my reservations about albums like this one, the music here is good. OK, the music is heavier than I would like and parts of the charm has been removed from the original songs. But I understand the bits of giving old songs a new lease of life.

The end result is a good album so no further complaints from me. Check it out here.

3 points


No comments:

Post a Comment