Saturday 1 July 2017

Nosound - A Sense Of Loss (2009)


The third album from this Italian band.

Nosound was a quintet on this album with a lineup of guitars, bass, drums, keyboards and English vocals. The band has also hired a string quartet.

I have tried to avoid this band for a long time as I found their second album Lightdark from 2008 a bit too spaced out for me. My review from February 2015 can be read here.

Well, I am not a perfect man. I do a lot of mistakes. My opinion of Nosound is clearly a mistake and an error from my side.

Yes, this album is still a very spaced out album. Spaced out as in the Gazpacho vein. They sound very much like Gazpacho here. Ditto for Marillion.

Their very emotional space/psychedelic music has also a lot of post rock inputs. My immediate thoughts was Sigur Ros. There is also off course some references to both Pink Floyd and Porcupine Tree here.

The operatic vocals in the background of the final minutes of the eight minutes long song Tender Claim is one of the reasons why this album offers up a great punch of emotions. The soundscapes here are really resonating with me.

There is not a single bad piece of music here. I find myself being really impressed by this album. I am also impressed by this band and will investigate some more albums from them.

This is indeed a very good album and one to check out.

3.5 points
  

No comments:

Post a Comment