Sunday 31 December 2017

As Follows - &Cet (2017)


The third album from this US band.

As Follows is a quintet with a lineup of guitars, keyboards, bass, drums and vocals.
They have no less than three vocalists and two instrumentalists.

I have actually reviewed their first two albums for # 1 of this blog. You can read the reviews here and here.

It is fair to say that this band has not set my world on fire. I hoped this album would lit the fuse... So I started to listen to it last week.

As Follows plays a mix of college rock, indie and heavy prog. There is some King's X and Rush influences here.

The music is pretty hard and a bit on the rocking side of the spectrum. The music is progressive rock, but in the more modern vein of progressive rock. I think the millenials would understand this album more than I do.

There are some good guitar solos, hooks and riffs on this one hour long album. The vocals is good. My main gripe is the lack of any good songs. The band has again problems with coming up with some good songs.

This album is their best so far.... But I am not overly impressed and happy with this album. Hence my rating.

2.5 points


No comments:

Post a Comment