Thursday 15 March 2018

Pentangle. The - Basket Of Light (1969)


The third album from this British band.

The Pentangle was a quintet with a lineup of guitars, banjo, sitar, double bass, hihat, hand drum, drums, glockenspiel and vocals. Both male and female vocals.

The Pentangle is regarded as one of the best British folk rock bands of all time. Which says a lot because other bands has set the standards and bar very high......

I reviewed their 1968 self-titled debut album one week ago and you can read my review here. I have not had the chance to get their second album Sweet Child.

Basket Of Light is regarded as their best album.

Their acid folk rock with ethereal female and male vocals is pretty compelling listening. Bert Jansch is doing a great job on the guitars again.

The songs are pretty complex and psych like at times. There is a lot of complicated rhythms here. The basis is folk rock though.

This album is forty minutes long and it is a good album too. I am not really in awe of this album as much as I perhaps should have been. I am not entirely won over.... Nevertheless....

3 points


No comments:

Post a Comment