Thursday 19 April 2018

Percewood's Onagram - Ameurope (1974)


The fourth and final album from this US band.

The band owner Wolfgang Michels on vocals and guitars had help from a drummer, a bassist, keyboards and backing vocals. There was also some harps, harmonica, flutes and choir here.

This album, and indeed band and a 5 CDs collection, was sold to me on the basis of this album. An album which is said to be one of the best ever rock albums.

So I was looking forward to this album.

In particular after having to review their first three albums to get this far. Albums that really tested my patience and appetite for life. See my reviews somewhere else in this blog.

So I was not happy to discover that I really disagree with this album's elevated position.

This album has Wolfgang Michels on guitars and pretty bad vocals. He is helped out by some harmonica, drums, bass and keyboards.

The music is very acoustic and does not have much of colours..... or quality.

I am kind when I label this as a decent album. Too kind. It is not a turkey.... Well, it is a turkey. There is nothing here of any value. This is a really bad album and a turkey.

1 point


No comments:

Post a Comment