Friday 27 October 2017

Tantra - Humanoid Flesh (1981)


The third album from this Portoguese band.

The band was a quartet on this album with a lineup of guitars, bass, keyboards, drums and vocals. Mostly English vocals.

Tantra had up to now released two really good symphonic prog albums and I was very much looking forward to listening and reviewing their three remaining albums. You can read my reviews of their first two albums here and here.

The first listening session of this album, Humanoid Flesh, was like getting a bucket of cold water over my head. Although the cover art-work should have warned me that something was amiss.

There is not much that is not amiss here.

The music on this half an hour long album is some sort of post-punk and new romantics. The music is naked and has some terrible bass, guitars, keyboards and vocals. The drums too is terrible.

The sound is also terrible. I am trying to find a good reference here and the best I can find is Adam Ant on his worst and most sloppy.

There is no quality here and the music is horrible. This is a turkey and one turkey with some bad feathers too. Avoid !!!

1 point

No comments:

Post a Comment