Wednesday 4 April 2018

Hadeon - Sunrise (2018)


The debut album from this Italian band.

Hadeon is a quintet with a lineup of keyboards, guitars, bass, drums and English vocals.

I really like prog rock from Italy. Which is my secret weakness as I also tend to get more than I bargained for..

In this case, that means progressive metal.

Progressive metal is not really a genre I like. Especially progressive metal who follows this formula of light vocals and lots of chugging guitars and keyboards. Progressive metal who are leaning more towards power and heavy metal than progressive rock.

Unfortunate for me, this fifty minutes long album does just that. The melodic stuff here are also follow the progressive metal ballads formula. The music is also very heavy most of the times.

There is no real good songs here either. A few of the songs are pretty good. But not good enough to say that this album is just another run of the mill progressive metal album.

If you are into progressive metal, check out this album as the vocals are really good and the only saving grace here.

2 points



No comments:

Post a Comment