Tuesday 27 February 2018

Strawbs - Prognostic (2014)


The 22nd album from this British band.

Strawbs was a quintet on this album with a lineup of guitars, bass, programming, drums, keyboards and vocals.
The band had help from numerous other guest musicians too.

I am a pretty big fan of Strawbs and have reviewed a lot of their albums. Some of the reviews can be found somewhere else in this blog and in # 1 of this blog.

Not everything this band has done has been great ideas. I have bypassed and chosen not to review their reworking of Heroin And Heroine they have called Heroin And Heroine In Ascencia. I see no reason to review an album twice.

A lot of the stuff on Prognostic is also reworking of old stuff. Even live tracks which has been cobbled together with some new studio tracks to make this an album..... and a trap for those of us who really like this band.

Yes, I feel that I have not got value for money here.

The music does not make this feeling any better. It is Strawbs going classic rock with some folk rock influences. There is too many instruments on this album and this album is too hard to really being a vintage Strawbs album.

I find it really hard to knock this band and talk bad about them. But this is only a decent album, I am afraid. In all honesty.......

2 points

 

No comments:

Post a Comment