Saturday 24 February 2018

Esperanto - Last Tango (1975)


The third and final album from this multi-national band.

Esperanto was an eight piece big band on this album with a lineup of violins, cello, keyboards, drums, bass and vocals. Both male and female English vocals.

I have reviewed their previous two albums in this blog and given them very mixed reviews. You can find them somewhere else in this blog.

I am still not sure what to think about this band. But they came, conquered and then left again after three albums. A lot of people liked them. Some people still do. Maybe I am one of them. I am still in two minds about that.

This album starts with a radical version of The Beatles classic Eleanor Rigby. This song is perhaps my favourite Beatles song off all time and among my top five favourite songs. Their version is nowhere as good as The Beatles version. I am not overly happy about the band by now.......

The rest of the album sees the band do orchestral pomp pop/prog with lots of good vocals and a lot of very good violins, cello and in particular; keyboards. They are really exploring the limits of the keyboards on this album and it pulling it off with flying colours.

The songs on this forty minutes long album is indeed good. There is a lot of very good details too here. This is by far their best album and perhaps the only one I would recommend from them. Check it out.

3 points





No comments:

Post a Comment