Saturday 18 November 2017

Alkozaur - Fatal System Error (2017)


The second album from this French band.

Alkozaur is a quartet with a lineup of guitars, samples, bass, drums, keyboards and English vocals.#
They have got help from a female vocalist one one track.

I knew there was something familiar with this band when I got this album. But I could not really put my finger on it..... until I visited their ProgArchives page and found out that I had reviewed their 2011 debut album Serum Of Life. You can find my review here. A review from January 2012.

The band probably sees Alkozaur as a hobby and not as a career. Which is a wise thing because it is next to impossible to break through in today's scene. Even in the prog rock scene.

The band offers up an hour full of music in the vein of Marillion with a lot of references to Gentle Giant and King Crimson too. There is also a lot of hints of jazz here too.

The vocals is very good and the band comes up with some eclectic details in some rather melodic songs. There is a lot of spices and strange flavours around in this stew. Even some David Bowie influences.

The end result is a good album. A good art-rock album who really makes the listener sit up and take notice. Check it out.

3 points

No comments:

Post a Comment