Thursday 15 February 2018

Musique Noise - Dans le temps qui s'étire... (2016)


The second album from this French band.

The band was a sextet with a lineup of bass, drums, guitars, keyboards and vocals.

I reviewed their 1988 debut album Fulmines Regularis last week and was not overjoyed by this album. You can read this album here.

Their second album, this one, has no female zeuhl vocals. There are some male zeuhl vocals here.

There is still a lot of zeuhl here. But much more glad and jolly zeuhl than I am used too. I am not sure if this is zeuhl at all. For me, zeuhl is bombastic music with a dark edge. The music on this album does not have this edge. Yes, I can hear the zeuhl. But not the menacing dark edge. Hmmmm........

There is also a lot of jazz here too and some whimsical jazz too. Which is not too bad.

The sound takes me back to the 1970s. Much more on this album than on their debut album. The album is seventy minutes long. But the studio part is only thirty-five minutes long and that is what I am concentrating my mind on. The live parts are OK, but not reviewed.

The music is not particular interesting and my interest wanes after five minutes every time I listen to this album. It is zeuhl and jazz lite album and there is not much quality on this album. In short, it is a decent album.

2 points




No comments:

Post a Comment