Tuesday 20 March 2018

Wave - Between (2018)


The second album from this Polish band.

Wave is a quintet with a lineup of guitars, keyboards, piano, bass, percussion, drums and vocals.
A guest provides violins.

I have not had the chance to hear their debut album so I cannot comment on their progression. I have got this album and that is all I was given.

I am a fan of neo-prog from Poland. Wave is giving just that.

The music here is melodic and nice. There are some mainstream rock influences too here. But some of their music reminds me a lot about their fellow countrymen Believe. 

The vocals are OK and just that. They are heavy accented too. The keyboards and guitars are really good.

The quality of this fifty minutes long album is decent to good throughout. It is not the most exciting neo-prog album I have heard from Poland and it is not among the best ones either. The band has talent and they need to raise their game in the future.

2.5 points




No comments:

Post a Comment