Monday 27 November 2017

La Fabbrica dell'Assoluto - 1984 (2015)


The debut album from this Italian band.

The band is a quintet on this album with a lineup of guitars, bass, drums, keyboards and Italian vocals.
The band has also help from extra vocalists and saxophones. And some narration too.

The narration bit makes me believe this is a concept album about George Orwell's 1984. A dystopia written not so far away from where I am sitting now. And no, I have not read it.

Black Widow is the label and some sort of progressive rock is what we get here. Well, it is Italian symphonic prog. As simple as that.

This is clearly a conceptual piece of music who weaves itself along this 1984 theme.

There are some good keyboards work here which reminds me about PFM. Some of the guitars is pretty harsh and dissonant.

This album sounds like a rock opera at times with some pauses in the music at the end. It also has this grandeur opera feel too. The sound is a mix of the 1970s and today's day and age.

I am not entirely convinced about this almost one hour long album. There is not enough good melodies here to interest me. Hence my rating.

2.5 points

No comments:

Post a Comment