Wednesday 12 July 2017

Kerrs Pink - Tidings (2002)


The fifth album from this Norwegian band.

Kerrs Pink was a sextet on this album with a lineup of guitars, keyboards, bass, drums and vocals. Both male and female vocals. Two female guest artists did the female vocals. There are also some saxophone and violins here.

I have reviewed their previous four albums for this blog (see the reviews) and I will also review their sixth and final album/you will find a review of their sixth and final album in this blog.
I have yet to find a great album from this band.

Their mix of art-rock, symph prog and folk rock is very good in theory and really appeals to both my brain and heart. The problem is the lack of quality, the lack of any great songs.

I have a soft spot for this band so I am really trying my best to tell everybody how great they are. But in all honesty; I can't justify that.

Tidings is a one hour long album and it starts with some new-era Kaipa'esque material. They have indeed moved pretty close to Kaipa on this album. This album is a mix of symphonic prog, some art-rock and folk rock. Scandinavian symphonic prog in other words.

And it has to be said that this is their best album so far. There is no great songs here. But the standard is very good throughout and Tidings is a very welcome addition to my home. It is an album that reminds me about the sunsets over the small lakes and big forests in Scandinavia. A very homely album and a very good album too.

Check out this album.

3.5 points




No comments:

Post a Comment