Saturday 6 January 2018

2112 - Alterando Las Divisiones (1990)


The debut album from this Argentine band.

2112 was a trio with a lineup of percussion, drums, bass, keyboards, guitars and Spanish vocals.

I have actually already reviewed two of their four albums. You can read my reviews here and here.

A mixed bag in other words. And the timespan between the reviews are substantial too. But I stand by these reviews.

The band name 2112 alludes to my alltime favourite band Rush and their groundbreaking 2112 album. An album I love. So I get the feeling we are heading that way even before I start to listen to this album.

Not quite.... but not too far away. The thin vocals is there and the music is not too far remote from Rush. You have this powerful kicking music from Rush two first albums. Unfortunate, these influences are mixed up with a lot of heavy metal and progressive metal.

There is still enough Rush here to make me smile. In particular when the band rips off some Rush riffs. Which is fair enough.

There is also a couple of ballads like songs here too on this forty minutes long album. And there is also a lot of not so bad details here.

The sound is a bit dubious. But this is not a bad album at all. It is a decent album and well worth checking out.

2 points

No comments:

Post a Comment