Monday 19 February 2018

Electric Orange - Platte (2003)


The sixth album from this German band.

Electric Orange was a quartet with a lineup of tapes, piano, Hammond organs, keyboards, bass, drums, guitars and Rhodes electric piano.

I have previously dipped my toe into the water of this band by reviewing their eleventh album XX from 2012. You can read my review here.

It is my intention to review a handful of other Electric Orange album this year/you can find my other review of their albums somewhere else in this blog.

The reason is that I really liked XX so much that their albums has been on my radar for a long time. It also helps a lot that I like their genre.

Their genre is krautrock. Spaced out krautrock with a lot of fuzz and noise. I am not so secret follower of this genre. Space and krautrock suits me fine.

Platte is an hour with quite repetitive music which is also pretty ambient. It has a pretty 1970s sound as most of the instruments are from that time. Hence the sound.

There is not much variations here and this album is not really as good as XX. I am a bit bored with this album and it does not inspire me. But it is not a bad album. It is a decent enough album from a band who can do a lot better.

2 points





No comments:

Post a Comment