Sunday 12 November 2017

Old Rock City Orchestra - Once Upon a Time (2012)


The debut album from this Italian band.

The band is a quartet with a lineup of keyboards, synths, bass, drums, guitars and female English vocals.

I reviewed their second album, the 2015 album Back To Earth for # 1 of this blog back in July 2016 and found it an OK album. See my review here.

So I decided to check out their debut album too. The band has so far only released two albums and I like everything from Italy.

The band play rock'n'roll with some hard rock, AOR, prog rock and soul influences. As simple as that.

There is some stadium rock here too. But I think this is more a pub rock band than a stadium rock band.

Cinzia Catalucci's vocals is the focal point of the sound, music and the band. And her vocals is good, indeed. The music on the other hand.....

I would label their music unchallenging and pretty OK, dull and standard rock'n'roll. I am sure this band is so much better on a stage than on this album. I am pretty sure I would like their gigs. But in a sterile office with two speakers and one record...... This is only a decent to good album. But play your gigs, guys.

2.5 points

No comments:

Post a Comment