Saturday 1 July 2017

Machiavel - Machiavel (1976)


The debut album from this Belgium band.

The band was a quartet on this album with a lineup of guitars, bass, drums, keyboards and English vocals.

It is fair to label this band as legends in their own right. The band has released 12 albums. The last one in 2013. The band first broke up in 1983 and took a break before returning in 1987 with a new album before they broke up again and reconvined in 1999. Five albums was released after 1999. Impressive, I have to say. This band is still popular in Belgium...... and I guess in France too. I reviewed their elleventh album (released in 2011), called 11, back in March 2012. I was not impressed.

This is their debut album I am reviewing today. Some more reviews of their albums will follow before the end of this summer/can be found somewhere else in this blog.

The music on this almost fifty minutes long album reminds me a lot about Barclay James Harvest and to a lesser degree of The Moody Blues and ELP. The rock here is infused with some classical music and some folk rock elements. The blues and the beat scene has also made an impact on the band.

This is an acceptable debut album which contain some good and some not so good songs. Hence my rating of this album.

2.5 points



No comments:

Post a Comment