Thursday 23 November 2017

Barock Project - Detachment (2017)


The fifth album from this Italian band.

Barock Project was a quartet with a lineup of drums, bass, guitars, keyboards, percussion and vocals.
They had help from three other vocalists on this album too.

I have reviewed their previous four albums for # 1 of this blog and you will find my reviews and opinions about those albums there.

It is fair to say that I have enjoyed their previous four albums.

Barock Project does some pretty standard middle of the road neo-prog. The emphasis is on the good songs and some pretty OK details.

The music is not overly technical. But there is still enough skills and technical details to keep the music interesting. That even for a proghead like myself.

And the music is indeed progressive music. Seventy-five minutes divided on thirteen minutes. There is no epics and no songs longer than ten minutes here. But the band still get their music across to a proghead like myself. OK, the music is a tad too pop-rock. But it is still convincing music.

This is a good album bordering to a very good album. It is actually a very good album in my mind so I am upgrading it. Check out this album and everything else they have done too. Go to their gigs too.

3.5 points 

No comments:

Post a Comment