Tuesday 11 July 2017

Neuschwanstein - Fine Art (2016)


The third album from this German band.

Neuschwanstein was a eight man big band on this album with a lineup of viola, violin, synths, guitars, keyboards, bass, drums, flutes and descant recorder.

The band with this impossible long name has released three albums. Their debut album Battlement in 1978 and their second album Alice In Wonderland back in 2008. I reviewed Alice In Wonderland for ProgArchives back in May 2009 and my review is here.
I have just got Battlement and will review it asap/you can read my review of Battlement somewhere else in this blog.

I did not expect a new Neuschwanstein album, to be honest. So I was very surprised when this album showed up.

Listed as a symphonic prog band in ProgArchives, I thought this was going to be some krautrock inspired symphonic prog. Kind of Eloy like.

Wrong.

What we get here is forty minutes of some theatrical movie soundtrack which is much more gothic classical music than symphonic prog. The music is bombastic. Very bombastic. And very orchestral. Very symphonic orchestra like. Rock opera it is. Instrumental rock opera.

There is no real great piece of music here and I am really struggling to find any good pieces of music here. It is an OK album which falls between decent and good. But I am not a fan of this album.

2.5 points

No comments:

Post a Comment