Tuesday 20 February 2018

Eela Craig - Virgin Oiland (1980)


The fifth album from this Austrian band.

Eela Craig was a quintet on this album with a lineup of synths, bass, guitars, drums, keyboards, flutes, piano and vocals.
A choir added their voices to this album too.

I have had the pleasure, sometimes the pleasure, to review their albums and you will find my reviews somewhere else in this blog.

Their previous album, Missa Universalis, was a Catholic mass. It was a good album too. So I had hopes for this album....

The album starts pretty decent with a song which gives me hope for the rest of the album.

I am very much mistaken.

The rest of this album has some hints of Supertramp now and then. But the rest of this album is mostly pop music and........ horror o horror o horror......... disco.

This album is very light and does not offers up much for anyone into a bit more substantial music than third rate pop music. Hence my rating of this forty minutes long album.

1 point

 

No comments:

Post a Comment