Friday 10 November 2017

Oktober - Uhrsprung (1976)


The debut album from this German band.

Oktober was an eight piece big band with a lineup of string ensemble, bass, guitars, synths, spinet, flute, organ, percussion, drums, choir and German vocals.

Oktober released three albums before they gave up the ghost in 1979. I only got this album from them and this is my only review of their albums unless someone sends me a copy of their two other albums.

My German is not excellent. But I believe their lyrics is about getting rid of capitalism and introduce a hardline communist state. German was split into East and West-Germany at that time. Well, each to their own, I reflect when listening to the vocals here. Some good vocals.

Those remarks was to give you a flavour of the times and the moods from the days this album was recorded and released. It was a political album with lots of lots of vocals. The music is more in the background.

When that is said, the music is krautrock and it has it's moments of good details. When the music is free flowing, the result is some pretty good krautrock. Unfortunate, that is not often as the vocals comes in and dominates the soundscape.

The end result is a decent album which does not impresses me. But I am glad I have got this album as it is a pretty good political krautrock album from the far left.

2 points

No comments:

Post a Comment