Thursday 3 August 2017

Arcane Atlas - Metris (2016)


The second album from this US band.

The band was a trio again on this album with a lineup of guitars, drums, bass and vocals. There is also some synths, spoken words, samples and woodwinds here. Sampled woodwinds, I guess.

I was not a big fan of their debut album as you can see in my review published some days ago. This is not really not my type of music.

Metris dishes up a mix of heavy prog, a lot of vaudeville prog, some college rock and some bizarre ideas.

I think the label US progressive rock is the most fitting here. This album is a mix of everything prog from Seattle grunge to the metropolitan jazzy prog of New York. There is a lot of strange things on this album US people will understand better than I do. Because I am really struggling.

The album is fifty-five minutes long and includes one big half an hour song and some rather shorter ones. 

The problem with this album is the lack of quality. There is not a good song here. But this is a brave band and I am sure they have an audience. Check them out and check out this decent album.

2 points


No comments:

Post a Comment