Saturday 25 November 2017

Karibow - Man of Rust (2011)


The sixth album from this German project.

Oliver Rusing is listed as playing everything on this album although I find that hard to believe. The lineup is drums, bass, guitars, keyboards, vocal harmonies and vocals.

This is my first meeting with this band although I have heard a lot about them. The band called Karibow is playing live all over Europe and there is one live track at the end of this album too. I am puzzled.... But OK.

Oliver Rusing is for me known from Last Thurion, a not so impressive German neo-prog band whose albums I reviewed years ago for # 1 of this blog.

The music on Man Of Rust is the typical German neo-prog. Emotional and a bit dark music with the usual neo-prog fare.

Karibow has lined themselves closer up towards pop and rock than symphonic prog. There are some more than hints of stadium rock anno 2010 on this album. Commercial rock in other words with some strong choruses and vocal harmonies. Not to mention vocals.

This is not excactly my favourite brand of neo-prog. But there is no denying that this is a good album who deserve a lot of respect and a lot of sales too. I would not mind seeing this band live somewhere in Europe.

3 points

No comments:

Post a Comment