Sunday 28 January 2018

Ageness - Songs From The Liar's Lair (2009)


The fifth and so far final album from this band from Finland.

The band was a quartet with a lineup of bass, drums, guitars, keyboards and vocals.

Gosh....... I reviewed their first four albums for ProgArchives almost eight years ago before I stopped and put of this review by seven years. Not my finest hour or decission.....

My reviews of their first four albums is here, here, here and here.

I was not impressed at all with their first three albums before they improved on their fourth album. But I still cannot understand why I have put off this review.

Ageness plays neo-prog. Very standard neo-prog in fact. There are some prog metal influences here and there are some symphonic prog influences here too. The songs are medium long and there are a lot of Genesis references in their music. There are even some mellotron sounds from the keyboards.

Even the vocals has improved a lot here. The vocals are in fact good on this album and I cannot fault them. They are slightly Peter Gabriel'esque too.

There are a lot to be happy about on this album for neo-prog fans. I am probably one of them myself. There is no great songs here on this almost fifty minutes long album and that is my only gripe. Check out this album.

3 points 

No comments:

Post a Comment