Tuesday 13 February 2018

Necronomicon - Tips Zum Selbstmord (1972)


The debut album from this German band.

The band was a quintet with a lineup of synths, organ, bass, drums, guitars and German vocals.

I have bypassed this album many times because I do not like the album title and because I am not into electronic ambient music.

OK, the album title is still not a good one in this current epidemic of suicide my community and our society is facing now. But I was wrong on the electronic ambient music bit.

The music here is in fact hard krautrock with a lot of psych and space rock involved too. There is even some opera symphonic prog too here.

The guitars are harsh and unforgiving. The sound is the typical 1970s krautrock sound. There is a lot of early Hawkwind in their music.

The vocals is also pretty harsh German. They are also good. The organ sound is also good and there is rumbling drums and bass in the bottom of the music.

The original album I am reviewing is forty-four minutes long. You can get an extended version with bonus tracks which takes this album up to over seventy minutes long.

There is no really very good songs here. But this album has a lot of interesting details and that makes it a good album. The band released their third album last year and I will have a look at that one too.

3 points



No comments:

Post a Comment