Sunday 11 March 2018

Trettioåriga Kriget - Efter Efter (2011)


The eight album from this Swedish band.

The band was a quintet on this album with a lineup of guitars, bass, drums, percussion, keyboards and vocals.

The band has had a colourful career since their first recordings in the early 1970s and their proper debut album in 1974. I have reviewed most their albums so I should know. You can find these reviews somewhere else in this blog.

Their previous album, I Borjan Och Slutet, was a very reflective album full of grown up rock. Efter Efter very much follows in the same trend.

The lyrics is very retrospective and reflective. Ditto for the music. The mellotron sound is giving them a good prog rock sound. And this is indeed a prog rock album.... but with a large degree of mainstream folk and rock involved too. Procol Harum is the only reference I can come up with.

This is an album I would also label as a grower. It grows on me.... but only so much.

There is no real good songs here and the album is going a bit nowhere. The sound is good and it is a nice album. But just that.

2.5 points


No comments:

Post a Comment