Thursday 8 March 2018

Millenium - Puzzles (2011)


The eight album from this Polish band.

Millenium is a quartet with a lineup of guitars, bass, drums, keyboards, percussion and vocals.
They had help from a female vocalist on a couple of tracks.

I am about to some reviews of their albums this spring and have already done one review. I do not have all their albums so I am only reviewing a handful of their albums. You will find the reviews somewhere else in this blog.

Millenium is regarded as one of the better neo-prog bands from Poland. Something they hinted at on their second album, the only album of them I have heard before this one.

This album is ninety minutes long. In my view, that is an overkill. It is the usual overkills from that era. I am pretty happy now that the return of the LPs means shorter albums.

Millenium do a pretty melodic and soft version of neo-prog. Some of the stuff is almost like ballads. Well, it is ballads.

But thankfully, the music is not too sugary. There is still enough bite here to keep up my interest in this long album. The guitar solos are really good. The songs are also good.

The best parts on this album arrive at the end of the album and those parts elevates this album up to a good rating. I am looking forward to listen to more Millenium albums....

3 points


No comments:

Post a Comment