Wednesday 2 August 2017

Bel Air - Welcome Home (1986)


The debut album from this German band.

The band was a sextet with a lineup of flutes, synths, bass, drums, guitars and vocals. Both English and German vocals.

Bel Air has released two albums and one album which is a rehash of this album with a different track listing and two new songs.

I am a fan of the German neo-prog scene and jumped on this and the follow up album when they became available to me.

The German neo-prog scene is a bit more folk rock and art-rock influenced than the British neo-prog scene. Hence, I am a fan..... of both the scenes.

This album starts promising with a track which sounds like crossover of Marillion and Asia. Then the album takes a strange turn. A German song and in the pop/rock direction. It is pop/rock. My least favourite genre. It is also a very poor song.

The album continues like this the whole way and I am more often than not despairing during these forty minutes and the repeated listening sessions.

This is too good to be a turkey. But it is too bad to be a decent album. Hence my verdict. Avoid !!

1.5 points

No comments:

Post a Comment