Friday 14 July 2017

Nosound - Scintilla (2016)


The fifth album from this Italian band.

Nosound was a quintet on this album with a lineup of guitars, keyboards, bass, drums, percussions and vocals. Both English and Italian vocals. Danny Cavanagh from Anathema contributes with some vocals too.

I very much liked their second album Lightdark (2008) and their third album A Sense Of Loss (2009). I have yet to get hold of their debut album Sol29 (2005) and their fourth album Afterthoughts from 2013. But I have just bought their best of compilation and will really enjoy that one, I guess. I may even review it one day too although i normally never review compilation albums.

Nosound deliver a good mix of post-rock, Pink Floyd, Gazpacho and Marillion influenced progressive rock here. In short, a pretty much ambient album with no explosions and no exploding fireworks.

This album demand a lot of concentration of the listener as this album does not speak in big letters and fonts.

Subtle is the word here and this album delivers on that front. More than deliver.

Emotional and melancholic fifty minutes is what we get here. And the music is very good throughout. My only gripe is the lack of any great piece of music. That aside, this is indeed a very good album from a band who has played themselves straight into my heart.

3.5 points


No comments:

Post a Comment